Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Little Race Recap

Well hello there again,

I am actually back within a couple days, isn't that just fantastic.

So I ran that little race the other day... I was pretty darn happy with how it went.

This will just be a short little recap, as to not bore anyone...


Even though I am in no way a Pro at this whole race prep thing, I do know the basics... and I do know that it is a great idea to get all your things prepped the  night before to make the morning that much less stressful... SO that's what I did, I laid out my clothes...


My pre-race dinner.... a little concoction I dreamed up that day.... turned out pretty well.... Sweet potato topped with peanut butter and a scrambled egg mixed with carrot shreds and cinnamon with a side of cottage cheese... random but DELICIOUS.... 


Breakfast was a protein smoothie and coffee and LOTS of water....
They say nothing new on race day, and this was nothing new!


a little before picture with my man! Please take note of the recycle bin in the back.... that's my way of promoting being green......


I lined up with the 10 minute mile group, I had no idea how the race was going to go, so I knew I would be comfortable there.... and the hand in the picture was not missing a finger.... even though it kind of looks that way....

So the race began.... it started out so well.... It is so motivating, especially in the beginning, to be surrounded by so many people who are so enthused about running. 
I felt really good till about mile 6.5 and I got a second wind that was great till about mile 8.... 8-11 was a little rough and tiresome but once I hit mile 11 it was all go from there... "almost done" I just kept telling myself

I wore my run tracker so I could make sure I was keeping a good pace!!!

This was what my run tracker said.... (I had pressed start a few minutes before I actually got running....)



And these were my final results....



My official time was 2:03 at a 9:27min/mile pace... a whole 29 minutes faster than the last half I ran.... can't complain about that.....





Instead of medals, we got charms that were engraved... Cute!!!!


Post-Race: Hydration....


and lazy.....


and waffle crisp.... just kidding, I didn't eat this... however, this cereal is probably delicious....



and that's my little recap... It was fun... I want to do another one right now!


I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and I leave with this..... Pretty sure this is what runners look like when they see the finish line...








No comments:

Post a Comment