Saturday, August 3, 2013

B B B ready for this post!

Hello again!!

It has been a crazy week... a wonderful crazy at that...

So my last post talked about how I am going to start going down the alphabet with my posts!! 

And this puts me at the letter B :)

So lets begin with fitness....

B is for BACK!!! 

Back is a very important aspect the everyone's body.... obviously! We need our backs for EVERYTHING! A STRONG back is important for everyday functioning, even something as simple as sitting up. I know that a lot of people don't train their backs when working out. I never did before I met my guy and he showed me the in's and out's of the gym! I am so grateful that I now have the skills to properly train my back and do it without getting hurt. With that being said, there are a lot of things you can do to harm your back while doing the exercises so  it is very important that you know how to properly do every exercise and that you listen to your body and know when it tells you what is good and what is not. 

We train back every week, once a week. I am going to share a few of the exercises that we do... for who ever wants to know :)

"Back"

Dumbbell Rows: 


Lat Pull Down:


Pull Ups:



So those are just a few of the many back exercises that we do. Again, I am not a certified trainer or any sort of professional in health and fitness. Everything I post is strictly from my own experiences. If anyone is interested in any descriptions on how to perform these, feel free to ask, otherwise, enjoy these Google art people doing exercises! I failed to get pictures of myself doing them... again... one of these days I will get them, I promise...

Lets move on to eats... MUCH more interesting.....

Well naturally B is for BANANA!!!!

I LOVE bananas. We probably go through 10ish bananas a week! They are the greatest. So versatile! They make the perfect natural sweetener for any sort of smoothie or cookie without adding any extra processed sugars! 

Of course, bananas also have a ton of health benefits that anyone can benefit from. They are great for babies and the elderly who are lacking in teeth. They are also loaded with potassium which are great for any athlete and also to maintain a healthy heart and good blood pressure. They are also great for maintaining eyesight!!  

THIS  is a great little resource for the many benefits that bananas have and goes deeper into everything I just said. 

There are a bagillion recipes I could post that have bananas in them, but I decided on this little guy for today.

"Protein Packed Banana Smash"

1 Very ripe Banana
1/2 Scoop Protein (Flavor or choice, I used chocolate)
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Oats
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
Cinnamon to taste

Mash the banana then mix all the remaining ingredients together and boom, Banana Smash.... 

It doesn't sound very tasty or look very pretty but it sure is mighty delicious! I like to add some milk to it and it turns into a creamy bowl of delicious! 

:)

With the whole following the alphabet on posts... I have a fitness, an eats, and a little about me section each post.... so this puts me at the little about me....

B is for BABIES!!!

Now... I myself do not have any babies.... but... my wonderful sister just brought a beautiful little baby into the family... and that is where I have been this week, home with my new little niece....


and she joined my two favorite nephews... who of course at one time were the babies....


So that is all for today. Kind of short, but B isn't the most interesting of letters haha.. just kidding. 

“Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.” 

―Mother Teresa 


No comments:

Post a Comment